The greased and plastified wire ropes have been widely used in the world in residential buildings, commercial buildings, foundations plates (radiers) and in industrial floors. Its handling is easier when compared to the bonded post-tension system, since it does not use the metallic sheath nor cream of cement injection.
In addition to a competitive cost, the post tensioning structures present deformation and cracking control, simplify the work and allow sections of smaller dimensions.
Our customers also rely on the use of flat slabs and the quantity of pillars is reduced, which results in the form and shoring indexes reduction, greater liberty to use internal space and creation of more open façades for lighting and ventilation.
We manufacture all the necessary accessories for the use of the post tensioning system: pocket former, car seats, wire rope ties, anchors, wedges, hydraulic jacks, electric pumps, among others. We also provide projects consulting advice.
Characteristics of the Unbonded Post Tensioning system
• Doesn’t require sheaths and subsequent injection.
• Low friction loss.
• Mono wire rope system.
• Lightweight and flexible wire ropes, to be mounted and fixed.
• Portable jacks, easy handling and fast operation: around 30 seconds per cable.
• Identical post-tensioning device: same anchors on both sides.
Post Tensioning Main Advantages
• The structure is tested in real time..
• Deformation control generating an opposed charge to the permanent weight.
• High resistance concrete to traction and compression.
• Prestressing steels are two to three times more resistant than conventional steels.
• Posts and beams quantity is decreased.
• Reducing molds (beams, pillars, etc.) and shoring.
• Weight reduction, lowering the foundations costs.
• Flat slabs.
• Largest spans.
• Simple molds, quick unmolding and easy assembly / disassembly, resulting in less labor and faster execution.
• Reuse and economy in the materials consumption.
• Internal space liberty of the building.
• Easiness of creation and feasibility of projects of great beauty, with architectural liberty.
• In industrial floors, the quantity of joints is substantially reduced.